I got a lovely comment from a lovely lady the other day named Melissa from Total Mama Makeover saying she’d nominated me for a Liebster award! I was thrilled! Thanks Melissa!!
So what is the Liebster? Here is what it is all about:
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
1) My family is from South Africa. Both my parents were born and raised there. I spent a lot of time visiting there as a kid! It’s like this secret part of my life that no one knows about. I’m excited to share it with someone some day.
2) I really enjoy celebrating my birthday. It gets out of hand; everything I eat for the whole month is deemed “birthday” treat. Every thing I buy myself is for my birthday.. I’m sorry everyone!
3) I think I apologize too much. I think I’m quick to try and avoid confrontation and admit defeat. I don’t like that about myself.
4) I have anxiety. I worry a lot. About everything. Parents and teachers never had to punish me because I’d already beat myself up so much about whatever I’d done wrong.
5) I wanted to be an Olympic gymnast like Dominique Mocheanu from Atlanta ’96. I took gymnastics at the time. I had it BAD!
6) I was scared of dogs for a long time. I’m still nervous of big dogs running towards me. But I love my own dog to pieces now. I can’t imagine my life without her.
7) I love to dance. Dancing is something I don’t remember not doing. It’s as much a part of me as my own arm or the sound of my own voice.
8) I’ve never cheated on a test or stolen something.
9) Last time I counted, I’d had more than 30 roommates in the last 8 years. I move around so much for work and I end up living with different people. Once I lived in a house with 8 other people. And one bathroom. Ugh.
10) I want to have babies!
11) Not right now though. But one day in the near future!
Why did you start blogging? — As a way to contribute to this community that I’d been reading about for so long. To participate instead of just consuming content. To write, create, and inspire myself. And maybe others🙂
What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you? — I am a vegetarian now, but I never really like meat. I didn’t like anything with skin or bones. It was too close for comfort.
Morning person or night owl? — Depends on whether I’m running a show. When I’m starting work at 6pm, then I’m a night owl. Normal life? Medium morning person. Like 8 am is great. Earlier than that sucks. I’m saving up my sleep now for when I have kids.
What’s your favorite place on earth? — 21 Daisy Way, Cape Town, South Africa. My Granny’s old backyard. You could see the mountain. There was a pool and the most lovely garden. It was heaven.
What’s your dream vacation spot? — Right now, I’m feeling beach vacation. Maybe Hawaii? Beach, book, beer. Thank you very much.
Describe your worst date ever. — I haven’t had any crazy bad ones.. Once I had a guy stuff a piece of bison in my wrap after I politely refused and told him I was a veggie. Then I didn’t eat that half of the wrap. Which he found weird. huh.
What’s one fear you’ve overcome? — I was absolutely terrified of singing by myself. I didn’t even audition for the school musical in grade nine. Three years later I was auditioning for Musical Theatre school. It was years before I shook off most of the nerves. I still deal with some pretty bad nervous energy even now. Worse than most performers I know.
Has a piece of art – a book, a song, a film – ever had a profound impact on your life? — The Sound Of Music movie with Julie Andrews. I watched it over and over on VHS. I used to skip over the love songs and just get to anything with the kids. Especially Liesel. I loved her so much.
What is your biggest pet peeve? — Bad grammar. When someone doesn’t know their “yours” or “theirs”.
What do you do to combat stress and anxiety? — A lot of self talk. Reminding myself that there are only certain things I can control, like preparation. And I’ve done my hard work. And that’s all I can do. The rest is out of my control. So it’s not worth worrying about. Hard work in advance really helps me feel prepared.
You can invite any three people in the world to your fantasy dinner party. Who’s coming? — My mom, her brother, and her sister. Because they live all over the world. And it kills her. She loves them more than anything. And it would make her year.
PEOPLE I’VE TAGGED!
Brittany @ Dulcie Vie
Mallory @ Sit for your job, run for your life
Dance, Love, Dine
Chelsea @ Mixed Mediums Theatre
Kelly @ Be Anything But Quiet
Amy @ Army Amy
Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel
Jolene @ Miss. Once Upon a Marathon
Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous
G M Runs
Thanks for reading friends!! Happy Tagging!